Wednesday, February 4, 2009

no foresight

Last night was supposed to be a fun-filled and slightly romantic evening. I'd had it all planned out in my head for days. We would start the night with a delicious bottle of wine, go to the Death by Chocolate party and then go have sushi, go home and enjoy each others company.
Well, it started out pretty well. I went over there at 6 as planned and we did enjoy a bottle of wine. Then we went to the Death by Chocolate party and that's where it all went south.
My cousin hosted the party, so of course she was there and since there was pretty much an open wine bar, she was pretty well buzzed. But this is NO excuse to do what she did. Hitting on Corey to the point that he came and got me is ridiculous.

Corey- 'She rubbing her fake tits against my chest telling me that her kids friends think she's hot. It's disgusting and she's kind of freakin' me out. Let's go! Let's go to dinner!'
Me- 'Ug. Are you serious? ok. Let's go'.

She joins us for dinner and this is where it all came apart. As others joined us I somehow ended up by Louis and he ended up by her. She was sitting there rubbing his leg under the table. As I watched in horror I grew mad with jealousy and hurt. Why was he just sitting there? and WTF was she doing!?! Not only is she married, but HELLO bitch, that's kind of my boyfriend you're trying to fuck at the dinner table. And I'm sitting RIGHT HERE!! AHHH!!
So needless to say, I went to the bathroom to try and get a grip but instead lost my shit completely. The wine and several sake bombs didn't help matters at all....
I went back to the table, announced to everyone it was time to go and demanded Corey take me to my car so I could go home. I wasn't going to take that shit. Not from her, not from him, not from anyone. I deserve more than that.
Now yes, he did have me come over and sit on his lap. No he wasn't enjoying himself, and NO he wasn't impressed, but by then the damage had been done. I had fallen apart at the seams.
I proceeded to lose it on him in the car where I informed him I was not interested in dating a man who would behave like that. I didn't trust him and I wanted to go home. I was DONE.
(I'm sure I said more than that, I typically do when I've been drinking for over 3 hrs and have had nothing to little to eat all day and gone running for 3 miles)
anyways...
What comes next you ask?

Corey-'I love you Rachelle' In a loud, firm voice.
me- silence, shock, confusion....
me- 'Don't say that to me. You're not allowed to say that to me unless you mean it!!' (and I didn't say it back. how can I? I'm scared. My heart is at stake and that's not something I take lightly)

Last person I really let in, I mean really let in, almost destroyed me. I was depressed for what felt like an eternity. UG.

So yeah, that was my night. So much for my plan, ey?

At least after we got all the drama out of the way we did go home, together, had a good rest of our night, a good morning too and then parted ways.

I've never done well with mystery. I've never done well without knowing, really knowing, but here goes nothing. I'm going to leap.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. That sounds like a nice evening turned to sh*t! I'm sorry...

    ReplyDelete